Boxdin
Vannin.com logo
We host with and recommend Your-Site.Com - This site works best with FireFox - this site is powered by UBBCentral

Site Navigation

Advertisements
Recent Posts
My '72 Corvette Dodge Van
by 383DodgeSacrilege
Today at 02:47 AM
Hello from Seattle!!!
by Mr_Food
Today at 02:37 AM
My little time capsule
by F350
Today at 02:14 AM
Meet big Bertha!
by cjhardcore
Today at 12:06 AM
My new 77 Dodge project!!!!
by cjhardcore
Today at 12:05 AM
Could this be first chopped and stretched Van?
by radicalran
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
Manual Transmission Install?
by Munz
Yesterday at 11:42 PM
brakes
by Munz
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Speaker buzzing when engine running
by relaxedvanner
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
New to site- 89 vandura
by relaxedvanner
Yesterday at 10:28 PM
Featured Links

Cluster Map
Locations of visitors to this page
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#366888 - March 04th 2010 8:45 am Re: Van Documentary [Re: Balint]
Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Offline
Vanner

Loc: Burlington, On, Canada Eh !!!!
Originally Posted By: Balint
Dear Vanners,
Thanks for taking your time and your positive/negative feedbacks.
I made some notes and I will try to answer all the questions, if I left anything out, please contact me:
About myself: I am 36. Was born in Hungary and moved to New York when I was 20. Got in the movie business when I was 22. Wanted to be a cameraman, but become a grip(lighting tech)(long story). Here is my resume:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1261288/
Was married with two kids. Got divorced. (long story). Got married for the second (and last) time. Moved to Austin, TX. We have now two girls.
Started a small production company(BKP Films, www.bkpfilms.com). Still grip to pay the bills until cameraman and production jobs pick up.
I have been a big van fan for a long time. They are great and vesatile vehicles. I inherited a Chrysler Town and Country from my late Father-in-Law, yes it is a minivan, not a full size, but it serves me well.
I have not produced a documentary like this, however that does not mean I will not do a good job.
The lenght is unknown. As of right now I am planning a 30 minute or one hour show.
Youtube: I will post my first interview after I send my harddrive to my editor, which I did not have a chance to do yet.
Maybe you are right it is more like a van "owner" documetary, however I might make a spinoff with more of the meetings and evants, which brigns us to that touchy territory where people can feel it's a mockery and making fun of a buch of vanners. I am very careful and I will make sure that will not happen. I am not planning to disappoint anybody or make fun of.
Many documetaries are shot by people who have no idea about the projects they are working on. That is actually true documenting, without swaying to any odd direction.
Let me film some vans. Let me put a video together. Let me see how it turns out and than I will figure out where I would like to show it.
So with all that said. I will shoot the Van Doc in Tx first and regroup to see where this project will go.
It might be just a DVD which will show a great part of American history, culture and people and of course VANS. And I am thrilled to make it happen!
I hope everybody got a resonable answer for their questions.
NOW GO VANNIN AND LET ME MAKE MY DOCUMENTARY!

Well, my Ma was born in Buda, and I have inherited some of my Gypsy tendencies from her bloodline..instead of a wagon and horse, I have a more modern Gypsy Carriage, with Shag and Naugahyde....they were the original vanners a few hundred years ago after all smile

Definitely need to hang around my cooler .....I will bring the Golden Pear as well..........
97Errorstar,05 Freestar
Van Clan Plus One, Vanning since 1977 !
Ontario Federation Of Truckers (Vanner's)
Ottawa Valley Vans
Founder,Mixed Bag Truckers
Co-Founder,Twisted Truckers,S Joisey,
If you don't like my sense of humour,don't read my posts !

Never assemble an engine after BUCKET !!

#366889 - March 04th 2010 8:47 am Re: Van Documentary [Re: diamond dan]
luna Offline
Master Baiter

Loc: goin round in circles
Im thinking what the other guys are thinking.
We would love a documentary of our lifestyle/hobby/sport/family.
We are owners, enthusists, and a big group who keeps close together.

We are weary of being portrayed as Scooby Doo, Cheech n Chong, or Kelso from That 70's show.

Vanning did start out as Sex Drugs N Rock n Roll, but we all grew up together, and 30-40 years of vanning in the US, things have changed. Its more about the rides now than the S+D+RR. Not totally, but thats not the entire program anymore,

concentrate on vans and owners and builders and i believe you will have all of our support.
I wish you good luck and dont forget the european vanners.

Edited by luna (March 04th 2010 12:39 pm)

E-Z Vanners of Mass, NY NJ Maine UK and Finland

Canadians needed but the Physical is a tough one

#366904 - March 04th 2010 10:55 am Re: Van Documentary [Re: luna]
Boot Offline

Captain Overkill

Loc: Myrtle Beach, SC
Thanks for chiming in, Dan. Your seal of approval really means a lot.

Balint, sorry for coming off so harsh. As many times as the vanning community has been burned, these people are always continuing to trust, which should give you a good idea about the kind of culture you're exposing yourself to.

Good luck in your venture. Perhaps we'll meet at the Nats.

#366917 - March 04th 2010 11:26 am Re: Van Documentary [Re: Boot]
Mr_Sheltie Offline
enthusiast

Loc: SW Virginia USA
Showing up on film is good.
I will not forget the little blip about the dangers of racing lawnmowers I saw about ten years ago or so on TV.
In between talking about how dangerous it could be, the mini-doc made fun of the hobby like mad, but I remember reading on the net years later how people flocked to the sport for three years after the coverage.
Though some complained about those who were "just there till the hot 'fad' passed," they ended up retaining a good bunch of people in the end.
Same thing would likely happen here.

As has been said before, "exposure is exposure!" (even though my spelling for exposure is not the same...I think we mean the same thing ;) )
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

#366942 - March 04th 2010 12:55 pm Re: Van Documentary [Re: diamond dan]
Mr Truckin Offline
old hand

Loc: spfld ill
maybe we will be on the history channel

#366961 - March 04th 2010 2:01 pm Re: Van Documentary [Re: diamond dan]
matchstickBGV Offline

Loc: louisville, ky
Originally Posted By: diamond dan
I'm behind this 102% Dan

That's some support. balint's IMDB is an impressive resume' too. I can't wait to see the youtube interview at some point. sounds like good intentions and if dan will vouch for it, then he must be serious.

#366966 - March 04th 2010 2:10 pm Re: Van Documentary [Re: Mr Truckin]
diamond dan Offline
old hand

Loc: montgomery texas
Vanner friends, The intent of this, is to show the Vanner and their van, Why you love your van so much, how you came up with the theme, how you got the name of it, why this passion is still so strong, it's about you!! If it turns out looking like Scooby Doo, it's because, thats the way, YOU LOOK AND ACT!! If you get to be a part of this, and you are, the Scooby, just clean up your act for a little while!! Rutrow! The History channel is one of the targets, to highlight this way of life, that is still around, for almost 4 decades!! New and Young Vanners welcome, with open arms,Don't let anyone get your Rock!! Dan

#366969 - March 04th 2010 2:13 pm Re: Van Documentary [Re: diamond dan]
diamond dan Offline
old hand

Loc: montgomery texas
Hey, Doc. I'll be hangin out at your cooler, I've heard great stories, from Lee!!

#366973 - March 04th 2010 2:42 pm Re: Van Documentary [Re: diamond dan]
Superbeast Offline

Madman!

Loc: Dayton, New Jersey, U.S.A.
I just wanted to wait a bit for this thread to relax before posting anything. grin

I think this whole thing is wonderful and Howards' play by play is a great tool for all of us. As he so blatantly stated we have a 50/50 shot at this helping and a 50/50 shot of it hurting.

I think we vanners are guilty of being to nice and open at times and that is what makes us so vulnerable and easily hurt when things don't go the way we hope.

I applaud Balint and Dan for helping him get his foot in our door. I will also help him out in any way that I can. I also want to suggest to him to get as much info from as many different vanners and van owners as possible. We are a strong family of individuals and even though we all view a lot of vanning similarly, we also have a huge difference of opinion in where vanning, is and where we would like to see it go.

Everyone above has made GREAT points and I agree with nearly all of them in one way or another. Lets just give what we feel comfortable with and hope that in the end nobody has to say "I told you so"!
Manse Vans, Finland
Rebel Vanners, N.J. "USA"
Toopa Sinner Tribe, N.C.

www.showvans.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/360991

"Coolness ALWAYS trumps comfort"

#367007 - March 04th 2010 4:52 pm Re: Van Documentary [Re: Superbeast]
Wizard78 Offline
Supreme Master

Loc: Virginia
Well Put Ken
Vannin is a lifestyle,Our lifestyle

Owner & Creator of Wizard's Van-In Videos
Member of Riding High Truckers from 1982 to 1996
2nd Member of The Toopa Sinner Tribe
Member of Free Bird Vanners 1996 to Present
Member of Cape Atlantic Truckers South Jersey
Host Club of Freeze Out
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Shenandoah Valley Vans

Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Virtual 
Upcoming Events
AdSense
Instagram Feed
Who's Online
0 registered (), 6 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
lmnopq986031, jklmno732366, Mr_Food, StayClassyVanDiego, Hicks
7672 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
newkirkinc1 133
HighwayStar 132
Reed 111
lukester 103
apo234 92
cjhardcore 87
frscke1 86