Boxdin
Vannin.com logo
We host with and recommend Your-Site.Com - This site works best with FireFox - this site is powered by UBBCentral

Site Navigation

Advertisements
Recent Posts
New to site- 89 vandura
by lukester
Today at 03:05 PM
New member from Knoxville, TN
by lukester
Today at 02:47 PM
Jokes Thread
by DrBob
Today at 01:15 PM
What Did You do To your Van Today?
by DrBob
Today at 01:12 PM
newbie from Tennessee
by Captain_E
Today at 08:12 AM
Meltdown After The Thaw 2--Frat Party April 25-27 2014-Gratz, PA
by Captain_E
Today at 08:09 AM
My dodge van project.
by DodgeVanCorvette
Today at 02:58 AM
Can I swap dash from 79 to 94 Chev G20 ?
by Munz
Today at 01:42 AM
whats in a name
by OldReadingGus62
Today at 01:42 AM
My '72 Corvette Dodge Van
by DodgeVanCorvette
Today at 12:40 AM
Featured Links

Cluster Map
Locations of visitors to this page
Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#578153 - August 08th 2012 5:49 pm Re: Carlisle Truck Nationals August 3-5 2012 ***** [Re: Wizard78]
nautic1 Offline

Showoff of the week on Cardomain 11/26/07

Loc: Selinsgrove, PA USA
Originally Posted By: Wizard78
Originally Posted By: wookee
Here are a few of my pictures.......

a Corvan formally owned by Coop

Kurk all ready has his eye on a bigger place for Vanners to hang out at next year.....
In my personal opinion the Van Invasion of Carlisle's "Truck Nationals" was a HUGE success.

Imitation is the ultimate complement.....

It would be nice to see groups of vanners from other vanning "Hot Spots" doing "Van Invasions" at non van events next summer season

..........Wookee

Let's do a Van Flash Mob van

Not sure if we have good equipment for doing a "Flash" mob.
Host of Spring Thaw
PennsylVANia Van Council, Inc.
Host of Summerset
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Nats Board Support Staff.
Honorary member of Generation Next Van Club
Toopa Sinner Tribe
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2224899
Nautique

http://forums.coolridesonline.net/member.php?4172-nautic1

"Remember, If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'"

AdSense
#578157 - August 08th 2012 6:29 pm Re: Carlisle Truck Nationals August 3-5 2012 [Re: nautic1]
Galaxy Offline
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey
Great to see that this show was such a huge success! I hope next year will be better for me and I can join in the fun. Thanks for all the pictures and commentary.

#578352 - August 09th 2012 8:17 pm Re: Carlisle Truck Nationals August 3-5 2012 [Re: nautic1]
CustomVan Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hey...BUT HERE'S an IDEA!!! I've been seeing on TV a thing called a "CASH MOB"...a group of folks gather at a local business ( unsuspecting)and spend money. How cool would it be if THAT CROWD were all in vans!!!! COOL CUSTOM VANS!!! we pick a spot ( like an eatery )....line it all up with fellow vanners, call the media.....see what happens! YOU KNOW the business owner will get a kick out of it..They'll be takin pictures and putting it ALL OVER THEIR RESTRAUNT, showing their fellow restrauntures and business associates (GOOD PR for US).the MEDIA will be ALL OVER IT ( putting it on local TV news for all to see) the NEXT time we call and "leak" information..they will want to be there as well.
These types eVANts could be staged all over the country and produce a POSITIVE light like none other.We would just need to be careful about turning the perception into a BAD thing ( crazed bikers ( vanners) mobbing and disrupting business). I suppose the restraunt would likely need to be informed ( so they could SERVE the capacity and have room for us). I KNOW a couple places right around here we could TRY it on.We would need to do it in the daylight so it COULD be filmed easily, so THAT makes if have to be a weekend. There IS a PLACE RIGHT in Airville that I'd LOVE to do this to! AND its close to Belly Acres, so there would be a bonus as everyone would get a chance to see the place.
ANY INTEREST???? Call me 800-495-VANS

It don't have to be old , to be Old School...............CustomVan.Com

#578419 - August 10th 2012 9:22 am Re: Carlisle Truck Nationals August 3-5 2012 [Re: nautic1]
wookee Offline
carpal tunnel

Loc: Joppa Md. U.S.A.
Sick minds think a like.
I have been talking to a local Buffalo Wild Wings.
They have great parking lot where close to 20 vans can set by them selves and we can see them all from inside of the restaurant.
The Vans can also be seen from the busy intersection of Rt 24.

......Wookee

Vintage Chevy Van Club

#579127 - August 15th 2012 12:01 pm Re: Carlisle Truck Nationals August 3-5 2012 [Re: nautic1]
nautic1 Offline

There is a survey for all attendees for the Carlisle All-Truck. Has something in about the vans as well. Check it out and take the survery.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DHJG68R
Host of Spring Thaw
Host of Summerset
Certified Nats Judge
Toopa Sinner Tribe
Nautique

#579141 - August 15th 2012 1:19 pm Re: Carlisle Truck Nationals August 3-5 2012 [Re: nautic1]
Virtual Offline

Vanthropologist

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Thanks for posting the survey info Phil. It specifically mentions Vanarama in it, so it's important that we get everyone who went to fill it in.
It was great to be a small part of this. This turned into a much bigger event than anyone imagined. In my travels last week I spoke to a number of vanners who said that they want to be part of it next year if it happens again. I'll do what I can again to help Kurk encourage vanners to attend. Kurk hit the ball out of the park with this event this year. There's no doubt in any of the vanners minds who have met or dealt with Kurk that he is a true blue vanner who happens to also be one of the few vendors left selling van parts.

#579142 - August 15th 2012 1:26 pm Re: Carlisle Truck Nationals August 3-5 2012 [Re: nautic1]
wookee Offline
carpal tunnel

Loc: Joppa Md. U.S.A.
I submitted my survey......

......Wookee

Vintage Chevy Van Club

#579152 - August 15th 2012 3:33 pm Re: Carlisle Truck Nationals August 3-5 2012 [Re: nautic1]
nautic1 Offline

This was a great event and a fantastic showing by all the vanners who participated. I really encourage more people to show up next year. If we grow at this one they may have to expand the classifications for the vans. As it was there were only 2. The poor guy who judged them was overwhelmed to say the least. Great guy but you could see it in his face that he was not expecting the amount of vans there. I would also like to encourage any of you out there that might want to do an increase in showing to do the Motorama event in Harrisburg next year. They already know that we need more space than we had last year and from what I understand they want to accommodate us. Mark your calenders for February 16 & 17 2013. Vanarama will be back in town.
Host of Spring Thaw
Host of Summerset
Certified Nats Judge
Toopa Sinner Tribe
Nautique

#579201 - August 15th 2012 8:02 pm Re: Carlisle Truck Nationals August 3-5 2012 [Re: nautic1]
nightmoves2 Offline
journeyman

Loc: Brockport, NY USA
We had a great time at the Carlisle Truck event! Thank you to everyone for all the great pics that have been posted! Would like to extend a special thanks to "Captain Kurk" for all his hard work and dedication in putting this all together for us!!

Hope to attend again next year! Hopefully the weather will cooperate a little better!

NIGHTMOVES - '75 Chevy G20 "Shorty"

#579231 - August 15th 2012 10:48 pm Re: Carlisle Truck Nationals August 3-5 2012 [Re: nautic1]
CustomVan Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
THANK ALL THE VANNERS THAT CAME!!!! Man..YOU guys made the difference!!!i'm SO happy everyone enjoyed it. There are some things to work on for next year and the judgeing is something we might be able to do like we do it at Gratz ( i THINK.....correct me if wrong) judged amoungst ourselves is a thought out there and we could certainly DO THAT. We kinda did that anyway as carlisle gave the 3 plaques to do what i wanted with + i THINK 2 ( of OUR ) vanners got Carlisle trophies. Now i didnt know until the day before that they had THOSE (with Gene's van on it)SPECIAL plaques for us ...pretty cool suprise. The QUESTION IS:
IF we judDge ourselves ( Carlisle WILL make special plaques for us).
Do we have every participant that WANTS judged , MUST judge....if you are showing for judgement you will each get a judging sheet for ALL OTHER vans that wish to be judged. so if theres 10 participants...EACH participant will get 9 judge sheets ( will judge each van except THEIRS).............sounds like a lotta work...but its up to US .....OR do it exactly like Gratz and carlisle will provide the trophies...DONE DEAL
OR...would WE RATHER just let THEM JUDGE as usual.... do we want the CAR SHOW people to LEARN how to judge THIS CLASS vehicle...thing is also that thier judge sheet is the SAME for all other vehicles too..it MAY be at OTHER events , the folks who attend may be MORE FINICKY about trophy issues say a Corvette show...THOSE guys may NEEED to be judged differently than a bunch of young guys there for the party ( probably ). Will it be BETTER for VANNERS for CAR SHOW people to learn about VANS or fou Us just to judge ourselves and just have fun?
JUST putting both VIEWS out there for discussion...
Aslo want to put OUT THERE FOR NEXT YEAR.....We're GUNNA NEED a doner van to "FIX UP" and let big foot or megasaurus tear it up or something...paint one side like the scooby doo van and the other side like the A team.....to say goodbye to the 2 most stereo typed VANS in history.....the NEW VANS!!!maybe ..like retireing a jersey .....THOUGHTS? TOO MUCH? ...FULL O SHIT?

It don't have to be old , to be Old School...............CustomVan.Com

Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  Lil_Ed, nautic1 
Upcoming Events
AdSense
Instagram Feed
Who's Online
0 registered (), 8 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hicks, furydan, Shado, wildreis, Waffl6
7774 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
newkirkinc1 131
HighwayStar 131
Reed 113
lukester 104
apo234 89
frscke1 81
cjhardcore 80